Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at Bear Valley!
Parent Access to Student Grades
PowerSchool gives parents access to their child’s grades and more.
- Go to PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Once you see your child's class schedule and grades, click on the grade for each class and you can see the list of assignments and grades for the assignments.
We encourage students to check their grades at least once a week to stay current on assignments and academic progress. Parents can also track their student’s attendance.
If you do not have the current username/password for your student, please contact your student’s counselor (see below).
Bear Valley Counseling Department
Bear Valley School Counselors follow the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) standards and encourage the following mindsets for all students:
- Belief in development of whole self, including a healthy balance of mental, social/emotional and physical well-being
- Self-confidence in ability to succeed
- Sense of belonging in the school environment
- Understanding that postsecondary education and life-long learning are necessary for long-term career success
- Belief in using abilities to their fullest to achieve high-quality results and outcomes
- Positive attitude toward work and learning
Counselors work with students to maintain academic progress and seek assistance when needed. The focus is on organization skills, time management, and following through on assignment completion. Counselors present guidance lessons to students explaining GPA, test results, and academic goals. 8th Grade High School Orientation will take place in the spring.
Career Exploration Week will be February 24 - February 28, 2020 for 8th grade students in the school computer lab. Students have the opportunity to explore career pathways including: career interests; identifying career choices; academic courses needed for college and career technical schools; plus, a “Reality Check” into the real world of daily, monthly, and yearly expenses. Career Day for 8th grade will be on the Bear Valley campus Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
In order to support student’s personal and social development, BVMS counselors provide the following: classroom guidance curriculum lessons promoting school/personal success; initiate referrals to community agencies for mental health counseling or support groups; and, provide school support through individual or group counseling. The Peer Mediation program helps students resolve peer conflicts in a confidential way.