To prepare our students for success in a global society, Bear Valley Middle School is committed to the development of lifelong learners through critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity.
At Bear Valley Middle School we believe that student learning is our greatest priority and that all students are able to learn to their fullest potential. Students will exemplify this learning by demonstrating skills and knowledge in critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity. By maintaining a safe and optimum learning environment we provide opportunities for students to be successful in the present and future. Promoting high standards and expectations, teachers, administrators, parents, students and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
To prepare Bear Valley Middle School’s students for success in a global society, we will achieve our mission by fostering:
- Organize, analyze, and synthesize multiple sources of information
- Analyze how parts of a complex system interact to produce overall outcomes
- Ask questions and develop reasoning skills that clarify various points of view and lead to better solutions
- Reflect critically for purposes of improvement on learning processes and outcomes
- Build relationships with others to identify and solve problems collaboratively and cross culturally
- Develop effective and productive written and verbal communication skills across all disciplines.
- Design and share information for a global community to meet a variety of purposes
- Strengthen effective communication skills utilizing technology tools
- Promote, plan and execute problem based learning where students demonstrate the ability to work effectively and respectfully with others across all disciplines.
- Foster community involvement by linking school activities to the larger community
- Embrace our school’s diverse culture by modeling honor, pride and respect.
- Support students in realizing their unique potential
- Embrace creativity and inspire participation through freedom of expression.
- Be open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives
- Cultivate originality and inventiveness in work and understand the real world limits to adopting new ideas